District Health Office
For questions regarding student health services, please contact Stacie Wethington at 859.331.1220 x6705 or email@example.com
Health Office Staff
Stacie Wethington, RN
School Nurse/District Health Coordinator
859-331-1220 ext. 6705
KY REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOOL ENTRY
The state of Kentucky requires that all students complete the following exams upon school entrance.
- Kentucky Immunization Law (KRS 158.035) requires a valid up-to-date Kentucky Immunization Certificate prior to entering school. By law we can only accept Kentucky Immunization Certificates.
- All students must have the 2-dose series of Hepatitis A (age: 12 months through 18 years)
- If your child is entering the sixth grade, they are required to have a tetanus booster (Tdap) and a Meningococcal vaccine.
- If your child is 16 years of age a booster dose of Meningoccal vaccine is required.
- Kentucky Law requires each student to have a medical examination* within one year prior to initial entry and before entering the sixth grade.
*The KHSAA sports physical is NOT the same as the Kentucky Preventative Health Care Exam form (if your child plays a sport, they will need BOTH forms).
- Kentucky Law requires that all children ages 3, 4, 5, or 6 years enrolled in public school must have an eye exam by an optometrist or ophthalmologist.
- Kentucky Law requires that all children ages 5 and 6 enrolled in a public school must have a dental exam prior to entering kindergarten.
In order to be compliant, please obtain and submit the required form/s prior to school start. Failure to do so may result in your child’s exclusion from school until the necessary documentation has been received.
Required forms by grade level/age
If your child has a health condition and/or requires daily or emergency medications at school, please complete the required paperwork as indicated below: